Welcome
Welcome to Schizotypal Forum

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest. Schizotypal Forum is a community and a place to discuss all kinds of things, including issues related to Schizotypal Personality Disorder. People with other disorders within the schizophrenic spectrum are also very welcome. Please join our community today.

Hello

Grab a chair, sit down and introduce yourself. Share as much or little as you wish.

Hello

Postby StardewValley » Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:21 am

:jawdrop:
Hello. I have self-diagnosed myself with Schizotypal Personality Disorder. I'd rather have a psychiatrist diagnose me but I am impatient.

It is very easy for me to be convinced that someone doesn't like me or is mad at me. If you don't respond to my text message for an unexpectedly long time, then I will assume that you don't like me anymore. Lots of paranoia like this.

I feel uncomfortable when I get too close to people. If we have long conversations and get to know each other, then I feel the urge to leave. It feels like I'm having *** with them which feels gross. I don't like to hang out with a friend more than once every week or so. I dislike the intimacy that other people seem to feel is normal. They all have intimate eye contact with each other, seeing into each other's souls, but I feel uncomfortable having this connection with people. So, my eye contact is not that good.

I have plenty of magical thoughts. When I was around 14, I would check for cameras around me before I took a **** every time. I've also felt that I'm being watched by an audience of intellegent children when I'm shitting. I have lots of spiritual thoughts and see special messages for myself in the external world all the time, but I don't think that this is imaginary every time. I used to use the chant "safe" to protect myself or people I cared about from evil forces. I always feel like I'm being watched.

I will say, I've never heard voices in my head except for twice. Literally only twice - and it may be related to my anxiety problem or something else which I won't mention. And I've never felt like there was somebody in my body with me except for as I fall asleep. So I don't think I am as severely a Schizotypal as other Schizotypals. And of course, I have only self-diagnosed myself.
StardewValley

Re: Hello

Postby Always_Question » Sat Apr 29, 2017 5:54 pm

Welcome StardewValley,

Thanks for sharing your experiences with us. Symptoms of Schizotypal PD vary greatly by individual. Like you, I don't think I have the more severe symptoms that others have. But, I have some symptoms that they don't have either, which is confusing to me.

Do you plan to visit a psychiatrist or psychologist? If you have never seen either, both can be very helpful if this disorder is causing you too much distress.

Be well :-)
If my post does not make sense, is too vague, or incoherent, ask for clarification if it would be helpful.

Dx's: Schizoaffective Disorder, Schizotypal PD, Boarderline traits, and Anxiety disorders
Rx: Gabapentin and Clonazepam.
Always_Question

Re: Hello

Postby StardewValley » Sun Apr 30, 2017 2:43 am

Hello Always_Question.

Yes, I plan to see a psychiatrist very soon. There is this one that I went to four times over the course of the past year. I've never mentioned any Schizotypal-like symptoms of mine to him. He diagnosed me with Aspergers. I will see him again and tell him.
StardewValley

Return to Introductions