Welcome
Welcome to Schizotypal Forum

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest. Schizotypal Forum is a community and a place to discuss all kinds of things, including issues related to Schizotypal Personality Disorder. People with other disorders within the schizophrenic spectrum are also very welcome. Please join our community today.

People avoid me

For all those vague, tangential thoughts you just don't know where to put.

People avoid me

Postby johny131 » Wed Apr 05, 2017 3:42 pm

Hi there,
I was dg. as stpd and I'm an average person with average education.

As a schizotypal, i cant well talk with people, i dont share eye contact, conversating like with itchy ***.

As I'm alone, i see others sharing time together, but im not even asked "how its going" for long time.

I ve read that speciality of this disorder is that we cant hold effective conversation and we are depressed of it.at least im.

i wonder what other people without disorder think of me; why they dont initiate conversation.; why am i isolated as if i was some kind of Yeti. i was twice offended that i stop talk that sh.t (they probably mean my delusions).

i want to know what bad people see that drives them to avoid me permanently,

i have some good friends, but they are working,far from me.

thanks for your good remarks
johny131

Re: People avoid me

Postby Always_Question » Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:56 pm

I also have severe difficulty holding conversations irl, and it depresses me as well. I want to be able to relate to others and converse with them. It's like trying to talk to aliens sometimes.

I think people don't talk to us because of the way we hold ourselves. Like you said, we don't make eye contact easily. I think that is one reason people don't talk to us like they do with others.

I have only one person I can talk to, outside of family, that I trust. She is far away as well. I also talk with some people online more openly. Talking online is much easier for me.

I'm sorry I did not reply sooner, I am having a difficult week. Please reply if you have other questions or if you want a longer explanation.

I like talking on these forums.
If my post does not make sense, is too vague, or incoherent, ask for clarification if it would be helpful.

Dx's: Schizoaffective Disorder, Schizotypal PD, Boarderline traits, and Anxiety disorders
Rx: Gabapentin and Clonazepam.
Always_Question

Return to Whatever