Welcome
Welcome to Schizotypal Forum

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest. Schizotypal Forum is a community and a place to discuss all kinds of things, including issues related to Schizotypal Personality Disorder. People with other disorders within the schizophrenic spectrum are also very welcome. Please join our community today.

Do you ever miss something you never had?

For all those vague, tangential thoughts you just don't know where to put.

Do you ever miss something you never had?

Postby immortalitylost » Fri Dec 13, 2013 1:37 am

I get feelings all the time of something like nostalgia, or just this longing. It feels like missing something, but isn't tied to anything. Was wondering if it's something anyone else had experienced, or if it was just a kooky foible of mine own. I also have feelings of craving, not for food or drink or drugs or *** or nicotine or anything I can actually curb the craving with. It's infuriating because all I can do is ride them out all the while acting particularly strange to people, and there's nothing I can do. So, yeah. A peek into my weirdness. Curious about what others have to say.

:banging:
"I learn a great deal by merely observing you, and letting you talk as long as you please, and taking note of what you do not say."
immortalitylost

Re: Do you ever miss something you never had?

Postby Always_Question » Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:29 am

Yea, I think I can kinda relate. For me, it's kinda of like I am wanting a different life, but not a very specific one. I feel incomplete.

As far as cravings that can't be satisfied, those are pretty annoying to me. I have been wandering about the house lately with no inclination to do much, but I have the urge to feel something other than what I am feeling at the moment, like you said, something that substances can't satisfy.

*shrug*
If my post does not make sense, is too vague, or incoherent, ask for clarification if it would be helpful.

Dx's: Schizoaffective Disorder, Schizotypal PD, Boarderline traits, and Anxiety disorders
Rx: Gabapentin and Clonazepam.
Always_Question

Postby <0.5+0.5 » Fri Dec 13, 2013 2:01 pm

I beleive so. The ability to 'feel at home'
<0.5+0.5

Postby immortalitylost » Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:38 pm

Always_Question wrote:Yea, I think I can kinda relate. For me, it's kinda of like I am wanting a different life, but not a very specific one.

Hmm, yeah that's about how it is for me, but more than wanting it's missing, if that makes any sense. Like I had something before but just can't quite remember.

Always_Question wrote:I feel incomplete.

This, for me, is also true in the sense that my life feels incomplete, but also in the sense that I feel incomplete, on a software manufacturing level. It's kinda like everybody was born with some kind of innate information about the world that I just lack. Meh.
"I learn a great deal by merely observing you, and letting you talk as long as you please, and taking note of what you do not say."
immortalitylost

Postby Sid » Wed Sep 03, 2014 5:55 pm

I feel like this all the time. I call it my discontent. I feel uncomfortable in my own skin. It is almost like I am running late for something that I cannot name because there is nothing to be done. I literally feel like I want to escape my body and run like Forest Gump did. I have found that exercise helps. It does not have to be a lot or anything intense. Walking for 15 minutes is sufficient. Hope this helps.
Sid

Postby Always_Question » Thu Sep 04, 2014 12:54 pm

It is almost like I am running late for something that I cannot name because there is nothing to be done.

I like this description about this weird feeling. It helps me identify it a little better.
If my post does not make sense, is too vague, or incoherent, ask for clarification if it would be helpful.

Dx's: Schizoaffective Disorder, Schizotypal PD, Boarderline traits, and Anxiety disorders
Rx: Gabapentin and Clonazepam.
Always_Question

Postby LaTenore » Fri Sep 05, 2014 5:44 am

Sid wrote:I feel like this all the time. I call it my discontent. I feel uncomfortable in my own skin.

I too feel this sense of discontent. Hell sometimes it makes me have suicidal thoughts.
LaTenore

Postby Sid » Tue Sep 09, 2014 12:15 pm

I have felt that too, Latenore. Sometimes it leads to feelings that mirror hopelessness and despair. I have been struggling with that lately. Thank you for sharing about your suicidal thoughts. That can be difficult to talk about.
Sid

Postby LaTenore » Wed Sep 10, 2014 4:45 am

I too have been feeling despair and without hope. They call it suicidality, when you have suicidal thoughts but aren't suicidal.
LaTenore

Postby Sid » Wed Sep 10, 2014 7:36 pm

Thank you LaTenore for clarifying the difference between despair and suicidal thoughts. I was wondering the difference. I now have a name for what I am feeling so really thank you. -Sid
Sid

Next

Return to Whatever