Welcome
Welcome to Schizotypal Forum

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest. Schizotypal Forum is a community and a place to discuss all kinds of things, including issues related to Schizotypal Personality Disorder. People with other disorders within the schizophrenic spectrum are also very welcome. Please join our community today.

I am sorry I am not schizotypal

Anything slightly odd, peculiar or weird - dive in!

I am sorry I am not schizotypal

Postby Bohm » Tue Sep 20, 2016 3:16 pm

I talked with my psychiatrist and told him everything that happened this las months since now I have insight and cand do it.

He said from what I described I had a psychotic break from February to June which he said it makes sense because I did things they didn't make sense from his point of view -it could also be because of a personality disorder, not only psychosis-. He works at a day hospital.

I was acting weird and he didn't know why, he said he was really worried. By then he put the schizotypal diagnosis, maybe he thought it was my personality. I told him also something that happened when I was 14 or 15 and he said that were psychotic breaks too.

I think I am one of those that can function while having psychotic symptoms if they are mild-moderate and that don't look that bad while having a total psychotic break.

I am perfectionst persona and think before doing and saying anything, doctors just saw I was acting weird but not dangerous -I don't have a family and I live alone-, they didn't figure out I was convinced there was going to be a second civil war and I was collecting venoms and trying to make bombs to become an assessine. I am a 'cover' psychotic person lol.

So I don't have schizotypal personality disorder since you can't have it if you have been delusional for 5 months.
Bohm

Re: I am sorry I am not schizotypal

Postby Always_Question » Thu Sep 22, 2016 3:06 am

You experiences sound very complicated. I have had a few psychotic events, though not as severe as what you seem to have experienced.

Diagnoses are complicated, at least in the US. I have several in my record - see my signature at the bottom. It's not very clear to me how they work.

From what I understand, the psychotic disorders are on a spectrum, with schizotypal being somewhere in the middle, between schizoid and schizophrenia (someone correct me if this is bad information, please). So, even if you have a psychotic disorder, you may not be far from having schizotypal personality disorder anyway. I think schizotypal does not have as severe episodes as schizophrenia, but the positive symptoms never really let up very much. I don't have schizophrenia, though, so I can't say that from experience, just from what I have seen, read, and heard other people say.
If my post does not make sense, is too vague, or incoherent, ask for clarification if it would be helpful.

Dx's: Schizoaffective Disorder, Schizotypal PD, Boarderline traits, and Anxiety disorders
Rx: Gabapentin and Clonazepam.
Always_Question

Postby Bohm » Thu Sep 22, 2016 3:02 pm

My pdoc said what happened between February and June was severe, I don't feel really schizotypal if it is consider a PD since this is not part of my personality, actually, I have a hard time when I had paranormal hallucinations with ghosts since I don't believe in them... but they 'were' there, so it's was what I was seeing as real vs my believes -I am sceptical and atheist-, at least this happens in the beginning, then I lose al insight. For example, when I was 14 demons convinced me and sent me hilarity so I cut myself because it was fun... and I don't believe in demons, but at some point I was too psychotic to realize what I was hearing was against my believes.
Bohm

Postby cucumberofdoom » Thu Sep 22, 2016 8:18 pm

Hi I just wanted to say that I do not think you need apologise for anything. You were looking for help and answers and I think it was brave to share what was going on with your psychiatrist. The important thing is that you get the help and treatment you need.
cucumberofdoom

Postby Always_Question » Sat Sep 24, 2016 11:12 am

^ totally agree with Cucumber. Knowing the diagnosis does help sometimes, but getting the support, advice, treatment, and other help needed is critical.

On what you said, Bohm, on losing insight - that is something that I don't think many people with schizotypal PD experience, to that extreme anyway. That is terrible that you had to experience that. I have only lost insight slightly on a couple occasions, and it was a terrifying experience. I am certainly glad things sound better for you at the moment.

But yea, no need to apologize or anything. I certainly enjoy talking to you! :)
If my post does not make sense, is too vague, or incoherent, ask for clarification if it would be helpful.

Dx's: Schizoaffective Disorder, Schizotypal PD, Boarderline traits, and Anxiety disorders
Rx: Gabapentin and Clonazepam.
Always_Question

Postby Bohm » Mon Sep 26, 2016 6:58 am

Thank you all, I guess I am just a schizophrenic with a early onset a more or less high functioning :don'tknow:
Bohm

Return to General discussion