Welcome
Welcome to Schizotypal Forum

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest. Schizotypal Forum is a community and a place to discuss all kinds of things, including issues related to Schizotypal Personality Disorder. People with other disorders within the schizophrenic spectrum are also very welcome. Please join our community today.

What Symptoms are Bugging You the Most Today?

Anything slightly odd, peculiar or weird - dive in!

What Symptoms are Bugging You the Most Today?

Postby Always_Question » Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:21 pm

:trigger:
Sometimes I just want to share what I am going through, without having to look for a solution, in order to feel understood. So I want to start a topic on what has been bugging me (us) the most right now.

So, right now, I have been dealing with:

- A little paranoia, like thinking people mean something other than what they are saying, usually something bad
- Irritability that is difficult to live with
- A lot of mental fog
- Confusion about what is socially acceptable (sometimes I do not have this confusion)
- Seeing bugs out of the corner or my eyes
- Sadness
If my post does not make sense, is too vague, or incoherent, ask for clarification if it would be helpful.

Dx's: Schizoaffective Disorder, Schizotypal PD, Boarderline traits, and Anxiety disorders
Rx: Gabapentin and Clonazepam.
Always_Question

Re: What Symptoms are Bugging You the Most Today?

Postby schizobot » Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:11 pm

nice topic!
today i had
-Inappropriate or constricted affect
in a discussion and i thought i totally fucked up a relationship
schizobot

Postby angel10 » Sat Sep 20, 2014 6:05 am

good post................
angel
angel10

Postby schizobot » Sat Sep 20, 2014 12:02 pm

was that sarcasm?
could be i am paranoid
schizobot

Postby Q‫‏‬ûqü » Mon Sep 22, 2014 12:10 am

Somebody moved some of my stuff. I said, "Darn it" but a stronger word. They got exceptionally ticked off and now . . . unnatural silence, anger, accusation, stuff like that. After I was told by the same person, when they got ticked off and said worse than a measely 'darn it,' "I'm just expressing my emotions." So when I "express my emotions" I am totally dumped on.

So what's the symptom? I guess it's trusting someone to be open to my "expressions of emotions" and then when I do express my feelings, finding out there is no one I can trust. If I'm not careful about what I say, I mean more than average careful, I will be attacked. I hate this.

So that winds up with me feeling, again, Sole, alone. So I guess those are the two symptoms that are insecting me today. :mad: :( :)

Big deal. It's tradition. I'll get through it, cause I can't get around it.
Q‫‏‬ûqü

Postby megzand3 » Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:27 am

Had shocking dissociation this afternoon.....lasted about 3hrs and I was completely detached from my physical self. Kinda got a bit mental.
megzand3

Postby Sid » Wed Sep 24, 2014 4:08 am

I think there are a few today. One is fear. I am afraid of like everything even though I try not to talk about it...I guess it is anxiety but I call it fear. The other one is the lack of emotion in my face. I am boring and flat and have no facial expressions. I used to be expressive. Now I am bland. The third one is my damn emotions keep coming out in clusters. Like last night I came home from work and could not stop crying. I don't think I have had a real emotion in days and then they all come at once and I cry and cry or get angry and freak out. I have to pretend to have emotions half the time because I feel nothing. I apologize I could not pick one.
Sid

Postby Always_Question » Wed Sep 24, 2014 5:35 pm

Ququ,

I think expressing emotions is fine, as long as you are not attacking people with your words. I have learned that it is good to express emotions by starting the sentence with "I feel (an emotion) because ..." That way, it is about you, and what you feel, and less likely for the other person to feel attacked. I hope that helps a bit if you had not heard it before. If you had, sorry to repeat information.

About what Sid said:
The other one is the lack of emotion in my face. I am boring and flat and have no facial expressions. I used to be expressive. Now I am bland.

I can relate to this a lot. I know I am a boring person to most people. People have told me how I have lost my emotional expressiveness and facial expressions over the last 15 years or so. I too, feel very bland. But I don't think I am so bothered by it as you might be. I don't mind being bland to others too much. I am still shocked that my girlfriend finds me emotionally attractive. Maybe she needs the emotional blandness, haha. And, not to offend her, but she is a little emotionally bland herself, but I like that as well. It is stable and predictable and feels safe.

For me, I have felt more out of control and restless than normal. I made some poor choices regarding substances to try and control the restlessness. The substances did help, but I don't feel comfortable using these particular substances to treat the restlessness symptom (sorry for the vagueness, I just don't want to promote something potentially harmful or self-incriminate). But, today is another day to try and do things differently. I feel like I can brush off yesterdays oopsies without too much anxiety or guilt.
If my post does not make sense, is too vague, or incoherent, ask for clarification if it would be helpful.

Dx's: Schizoaffective Disorder, Schizotypal PD, Boarderline traits, and Anxiety disorders
Always_Question

Postby Sid » Sat Sep 27, 2014 3:49 am

Today the symptom that is bugging me is the motion. Some days nothing stays still. I am trying to read and the letters are spinning on the page, blurring in and out and making waves. I am just very happy that the floor isn't moving yet. The amazing thing is that this happens and I am not on drugs and I don't drink. Why would someone want to voluntarily participate in this kind of thing?
Sid

Postby Always_Question » Mon Sep 29, 2014 12:58 am

I am trying to read and the letters are spinning on the page, blurring in and out and making waves.

I get this kind of weirdness sometimes. It is annoying because it can be distracting and makes it difficult to pay attention to what I am reading sometimes. It is one reason I do not read books very much, it seems worse on paper pages than on a computer.

I am dealing with a little paranoia and as a result, insomnia and confusion. I am afraid that the police are watching my house because I take prescribed controlled medication. It is not to the point of delusions, but I am feeling anxiety and distracted by thoughts of needing to prepare to run out the door.

I have been through this enough times that I know it will diminish over the next few days. Finding a long-term solution to dealing with anxiety is something else though.

Always_Question

Next

Return to General discussion