Welcome
Welcome to Schizotypal Forum

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest. Schizotypal Forum is a community and a place to discuss all kinds of things, including issues related to Schizotypal Personality Disorder. People with other disorders within the schizophrenic spectrum are also very welcome. Please join our community today.

Forum rules *Please Read*

Is where the board announcements will be. Yeah.

Forum rules *Please Read*

Postby HAL 2000 » Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:37 am

Before posting on these boards, you should consider the following:

This is a support forum. However, we don't beat around the bush too much here, so we encourage you to say whatever you need to say, as long as it is respectful of other members. You can use the trigger icon feature ( :trigger: ) if you want to post material which could be offensive or triggering to other members, but you are not required to do so.

This is a first-person site, which means that your friends'/child's/family member's mental health issues should not be discussed here unless it is about how you as a schizotypal cope with their illness. If you are a researcher looking for feedback from members of this forum, please contact an administrator before posting.

The mods have every right to edit, move or delete your posts. The reason for this could be any of the following:

*Cross-posting.
*Quoting large amounts of copyrighted material. Write a short review instead. And always include your source.
*Being way off topic. Tangents are accepted, but if you go way off, your post is likely to be moved.

The mods also have the right to ban you for a short or extended period of time or completely delete your account, for any of these reasons:

*Being abusive towards other members or people, or engaging in flamewars.
*Using demeaning, racist or sexist words about other people or peoples.
*Spamming or shameless advertising.
*Encouraging or glorifying self-injury, suicide, self-medication or not taking medications prescribed by a licensed physician.
*Disclosing information about someone who is not you.
*Being generally counter-productive to the overall purpose of this forum.

In cases not included here, the mods will have the final say. The mods are always right.

If you want to delete your account:
*Contact an administrator (names in red color)
*We will retain all your posts. The posts are used as a reference for other members and will not be deleted.

That being said, we're really not that bad ;)
HAL 2000

Re: Forum rules *Please Read*

Postby Karla » Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:42 pm

Is there really no way you can delete our posts if we wish to leave?
Dx: StPD
Rx: Abilify 30mg
Karla

Postby ladyunicornejg » Sat Apr 10, 2010 2:50 am

Seems to me that'd be confusing to anyone who read messages where your posts had been responded to. Also, what if you had provided useful information for someone and it gets deleted? Really seems like deleting people's posts because they don't want to be here anymore would just be problematic and not useful... though a quick username change to something obscure before deleting the account might be a diff story (to change the name attached, so that it is no longer associated to the person if they happen to use the same username everywhere).
LadyUnicornEJG,
HelpThisLife , Depression support forum webmaster
ladyunicornejg

Postby MGMT » Sat Apr 10, 2010 3:01 am

ladyunicornejg wrote:

Seems to me that'd be confusing to anyone who read messages where your posts had been responded to. Also, what if you had provided useful information for someone and it gets deleted?

Exactly.

There is an option to delete posts by a specific user, but I don't intend to use it.
Diagnosis: schizotypal disorder, depression
Meds: Abilify 20 mg
MGMT

Postby ladyunicornejg » Sat Apr 10, 2010 3:25 am

Don't intend to use it at all? I'd use a feature like that to delete stuff from spammers/spam bots, personally. Not for deleting posts of a member that moved on, though.

Actually, if I was going to take issue with any of the rules here it'd be the line about "the mods are always right." I get it, don't get me wrong, but without knowing up front what the overall attitudes and such of the staff are like...well it can come across as "if we do something you don't agree with, too bad." Makes it like it's never up for discussion...which may even be the case, I don't know, but wouldn't be something I'd like/approve of personally.
LadyUnicornEJG,
HelpThisLife , Depression support forum webmaster
ladyunicornejg

Return to Board Announcements